|Real Estate News|
Union Properties PJSC (UP), one of the leading property developers in the United Arab Emirates will showcase its 38 million square feet MotorCity project at Autosport International Show, held in Birmingham on January 10 and 13, 2008. MotorCity is a development based on a unique automobile and motor sport theme that includes residential, business, sports and leisure opportunities.
“A trade show like Autosport International that brings together the industries of international motorsport is the ideal platform to showcase MotorCity abroad,” said Simon E. Azzam, Chief Executive Officer, UP. “Our aim is to enhance and increase the interest of motorsport in the Middle East for motorsport and race enthusiasts, and create a hub for the automobile sector in the region. This is our second participation at the Autosport International Show, it provides us with direct access to the automobile sector trade visitors who will all have the opportunity to be familiar with MotorCity and understand the diversity of development’s residential, business and leisure components.”
MotorCity is ‘a city within a city’ that includes five project components: Dubai Autodrome that caters to motor sport and race enthusiasts; F1 Theme Park in Dubai, an edutainment destination that targets the entire family; Business Park MotorCity that is set to be the regional hub for the automobile industry and businesses; and two residential areas, UPTOWN MotorCity and Green Community MotorCity that offer home owners freehold properties ranging from studios, one, two and three bedroom apartments, townhouses, family villas, bungalows and luxury villas. Every component within MotorCity represents a brand that can be recreated worldwide.
“Our projects in Dubai are branded strategically to generate international recognition and awareness in the various segments and we are keen on taking our brands overseas with projects such as MotorCity,” added Azzam. “Worldwide exposure at trade shows has provided us with the recognition we need for our quality branded projects.”
MotorCity, is a development based on a unique automobile and motor sport theme that includes residential, business, sports and leisure opportunities. MotorCity is in fact ‘a city within a city’ with five project components over a land of approximately 38,000,000 sq.ft., located on Emirates Road.
MotorCity Project Components:
1. Green Community MotorCity - Aims to provide a way of life within a working and living secure community which encompasses landscaped gardens, water features, stone streets and walkways in a relatively traffic free environment. It is a family home development that includes luxury villas, family villas, townhouses, and bungalows. In addition, Green Community MotorCity will feature luxurious terraced apartments overlooking a lake. This brand development prides itself on its modern and beautiful surroundings with natural greenery being the key to peace and tranquillity. The development will be gated and will offer retail opportunities and recreation centres. Construction is due for completion and handover in 2009.
2. UPTOWN MotorCity – An apartment development that will provide recreational areas and other community amenities such as parks and schools. The residential units will include a mix of studio, one, two and three bedroom apartments with exclusive 4 bedrooms townhouses in the crescent area. Construction is due for completion and handover in 2009.
3. Dubai Autodrome - Already operational, the facility features a 5.39 km FIA certified track with supporting services (pit garages, grandstand, race administration, medical centres, etc.). The Dubai Autodrome also includes a kartdrome and a race school. A host of businesses use the track year round for events such as product launches, corporate events and concerts, to name a few.
4. Business Park MotorCity - offers numerous investment and development opportunities for companies directly and indirectly related to the automotive and motor sport industries. This component of MotorCity will also feature the Automall complex that will include three major buildings connected to each other; a 3 storey showroom, a 38 storey office building and a hotel. The Business Park MotorCity is divided into 3 main districts: The Retail Commercial District, the Auto Commercial District and the Applied Technologies district.
5. F1 Theme Park - The F1 Theme Park will be an edutainment destination for the whole family. The $460 million development spreads 300,000 square metres, leaving everyone feeling the exhilarating and exciting thrill of the F1 brand experience.